An evening on Phasetransitions in Matter, Mind and Society – this is the night for everyone who loves to cross borders and open the mind. Enjoy sharp-witted debates about Arts, Natural Sciences and Political Systems between provocative thinkers in their field. A night you will not forget – let’s talk!
The event features, a.o., a debate with Stefan Kroll:
Debate: What are you talking about?!
How science influences what we see – how what we see influences science
- Martin Eder – contemporary artist
- Stefan Kroll – Peace Research Institute, Frankfurt
- David Bierbach – Humboldt Universtität zu Berlin (HUB) und Leibniz-Institut für Gewässerökologie und Binnenfischerei (IGB)
- Manisha Biswas – Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
- Rainer Rehak – Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society
- Johannes Goessling – CESAM, University of Aveiro
- moderated by Carsten Hucho (PDI)
When: November 9, 18:00-23:00
Where: Säälchen, Berlin Science Week Art & Science FORUM at Holzmarkt, Berlin. The location is wheelchair accessible.
The full program can be found on the website of Berlin Science Week.
This is an in-person event. Attending the event is free of charge and requires no registration. The event takes place in both English and German.