In May 2017, the Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF) opened an office on the premises of the Leibniz Association in Berlin. With the new office the institute pursues three objectives:
- Increasing the visibility of PRIF as an scientific institution near the pulse of German politics through cultivation of contacts and organization of events to enable a critical monitoring and constructive consultation of political decision-making processes.
- The creation of a PRIF location in Berlin – with the possibility for PRIF employees to use the centrally located workplaces during business trips to the capital and to organize workshops in Berlin.
- Fostering PRIF's integration into the Leibniz Association as well as the cooperation with other research institutions in Berlin.
- PRIF organizes Parliamentary Evenings in the rooms of the German Bundestag/the Parliamentary Society through its Berlin Office, often in cooperation with the German Foundation for Peace Research. Together with members of the German Bundestag and their staff, research results and policy recommendations are discussed.
- The team of the Berlin Office supports the annual presentation of the Peace Report in Berlin.
- The Berlin Office offers PRIF’s international visiting professors the opportunity to network in Berlin during their stay in Germany.
- The Berlin Office supports further PRIF events and dialogue formats in cooperation with federal ministries, e.g. the organization of an international workshop on UN Resolution 1325 “Women, Peace and Security” together with the Federal Foreign Office, or symposia on the topic of “Evaluation and Quality Assurance in the Prevention of Extremism” together with the Federal Ministry of the Interior and Community and the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth.
- The team of the Berlin Office participates in studies of PRIF on behalf of or in cooperation with federal ministries and political foundations. Examples include the studies “Peace and Development 2020” and “German Foreign Policy and the Genocide in Rwanda”.
The Berlin Office is located in the headquarters of the Leibniz Association. It is situated on the 5th floor, accessible through the Atrium via elevator C.
The U-Bahn station “Naturkundemuseum” (U6 or tram M5, M8, M10) is in close proximity to the office and the S-Bahn station “Nordbahnhof” (S1, S2, S25) is within a 400 m walking distance. From Berlin central station, take tram M5 (in the direction of “Zingster Straße”), M8 (“Ahrensfelde/Stadtgrenze”) or M10 (“S+U Warschauer Straße”) and exit at the second stop “Naturkundemuseum” (travel time 5 min).
PRIF – Leibniz-Institut für Friedens- und Konfliktforschung
DE - 10115 Berlin